Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost for admission?
- No, admission and parking is always free!
How many vendors are at the flea market?
- The number can vary from week to week, but averages around 450.
Is there entertainment?
- The flea market offers pony rides and Story Garden for children, and quite frequently we have acoustic guitar players who entertain throughout the day.
What are the closest hotel accommodations?
- There are several hotel options in close proximity to the flea market. Please visit: http://www.thegallupchamber.com/list/ql/lodging-travel-39 for more information.
Is there an ATM on the premises?
- Unfortunately there is not, so we encourage everyone to bring cash.
Do vendors accept credit or debit cards?
- Some do, but many do not, so we encourage visitors to bring cash.
How much does it cost to rent a space?
- Spaces start at $10 for a 10′ x 20′ space, and we also offer premium spaces and corner locations. The 10′ x 20′ booth includes space where you can park your vehicle. Corner spaces are 10′ x 10′ but have the added premium of two-sided exposure.
When can I set up?
- Vendors should be set up between 7a.m. and 9 a.m. The flea market opens to the public at 9 a.m.
- Anywhere that doesn’t have an R marked on the ground before 9 a.m. Please remain within the orange marketers indicated on the ground
How do I make a reservation?
- You can make a reservation by paying for the space the week before. We are available onsite Friday afternoons to take reservations. We mark the space with an orange “R” to reserve it. Reserves are held until 9 a.m. After 9 a.m., all spots are available. We are currently unable to take reservations over the phone.
Do I need a food handler’s permit or health card to sell food?
- Please check with the local State Health Department for food requirements in New Mexico.
Are there any items that are prohibited to sell?
- Illegal and dangerous materials and substances, pornography, and adult materials are prohibited. If you have a question, please contact management.
Where are you located?
- We are located on North 9th Street.
Can I use a credit card to pay for my space?
- We are currently unable to accept credit cards.
What if someone is in my space before 9 a.m?
- Please contact staff who will help resolve the issue.
What if I need to leave and cannot get out?
- Please notify our staff and they can direct you out.
Where is the office?
- The office is located in the trailer at the Southeast corner of the flea market.
How late are you open?
- Most vendors start to pack up around 4 or 5 p.m.
How can I verify my reservation?
- Please keep your receipt. It includes your reservation date and booth number. You may contact our staff with any issues or questions.